This morning I set out to do 6 miles. Oh I didn’t tell you? Ya I kinda have another 1/2 marathon that I’m training for now. It’s on August 26th, and it’s the Santa Rosa Marathon (only I’m doing the 1/2). I’m kind of excited about it since my Moonlight race was a bust. Stupid toe.
Now that, that’s out of the way I can talk to you about my newly famous husband! Ok so he was
forced asked to be on a local TV news show called “good day Sacramento”. He was there to represent Petco!! Woot woot!
Green Room shot
Another Petco employee representing with a hamster.
He really was a trooper. Originally I was supposed to go with him. Then when he asked his boss if HE could get out of it, and they matched him up with another manager. It makes me laugh! And a little sad, since I’m not famous too!
He sent me pics of the news stations bathroom. And let’s just say, I’m glad I don’t watch this news show.
I told him to get pics WITH the news casters…that’s what he sent me. Nice babe.
Here’s some shot of the program
He talked about extreme pet sports and how to be safe doing them. Random stuff, right?
I’m also starting my “staycation” tomorrow. 9 days of no work! Woo hoo! I need to come up with fun things to do with my 12 year old that he would like and costs next to nothing. Easy peasy right?
1. Make him clean my car
2. Make him clean my garage
3. Teach him how to fold clothes
4. Make him cut the grass.
5. Ride bikes to jelly belly factory and buy lots of belly flops, and skip the tour.
6. Go to state fair on Wednesday, get in for free to do dock diving. Also all ride passes are 1/2 price. Score!
7. Go to beach and have a picnic (Sunday)
8. Do the dipsea trail
9. Run across the golden gate bridge.
10. Bake cookies one day with him
11. Pray for hot weather so we can swim every day
12. Give myself a manicure/pedicure (I’m on a budget!)
13. Attend an art class and paint! (next Friday)
14. Go fishing
15. Go to the shooting range with my boys.
Basically I’m trying to plan a few day trips, and to do some fun stuff around the house. What kinds of things do you do with your kids during summer? Any ideas?